A telematic roadside assistance, BMW Assist, is a service provided by BMW. It is branded as MINI Assist too. BMW Assist is like the Mercedes-Benz and GM’s OnStar mbrace services since both of them work with the Global Positioning telemetry and the cellular network to guide and locate the vehicle. BMW Assist provides remote unlocking, airbag deployment notification, turn-by-turn direction, vehicle diagnostics, flat or towing tire repair, and theft recovery. This service is free for a year in most of the new BMWs and after expiration, you can purchase get annual plannings of it.
BMW Assist uses modern technology to get the consideration of a response specialist to the aid of the driver whenever required. Combining a hands-free communication and integrated wireless telephone with a GPS (Global Positioning System) satellite receiver to locate the vehicle, with the BMW Assist system, you can drive safely, securely and it help benefits to improve the BMW driving experience.
BMW Assist is combined into the audio and communication systems of the car. It works with a navigation system in conjunction (if equipped) or utilizes its GPS equipment. The genuine BMW Assist system operated in connection with the AMPS cellular network for voice communication and data transmission. Modern BMW Assist systems run with GSM technology.
The car signals by the cellular network using a Back-end system to analyze and receives the data. Both data and voice (via GPRS or SMS) are transmitted. The data is routed Dependent on the application for instance to be presented on the website or a call center.
- 1 MAIN FEATURES BMW ASSIST
- 2 BMW ASSIST SERVICE FAQS
MAIN FEATURES BMW ASSIST
EMERGENCY REQUEST (SOS)
- The “Emergency” or SOS button will give vital vehicle data and the location of the vehicle to the Center of BMW Assist Response. A response professional will talk to the [assenger/drivers to help him in the best way possible. The response specialist will offer to ask dispatch of BMW Roadside Assistance or emergency services to the location of the vehicle, notify the emergency contacts, or give emergency routes to the most neighboring hospital or a police station. If you want a response specialist to wait on line till help arrives, he/she surely will!
AUTOMATIC COLLISION NOTIFICATION
- If a severe accident happens, this BMW Assist system will automatically transmit the location of the vehicle and hit data to the response specialist to identify the vehicle in issue. The second response specialist will ask dispatch of emergency aids to the location of the vehicle.
ENHANCED ROADSIDE Support
- In the case of any vehicle problem, such as flat tire, empty gas, or other issues, BMW Assist will reach proper aid to transfer to the location of the vehicle.
- Contact BMW Assist Response Center if you’ve locked your keys in the car. Once you confirm your name and password, a specialist can send a signal to your vehicle to unlock the driver’s door.
- Your vehicle can identify its service status with Teleservice and expected service requirements and manually or automatically send the report to the nearest service center.
RECOVERY OF STOLEN VEHICLE
- In the event of a stolen vehicle, the Stolen Vehicle Recovery service can assist you in locating your stolen vehicle and assist the police in finding and recovering it.
- From your office or home computer, you can send the locations of your car to Google Maps.
- Concierge Service will transfer your navigation system routes to local points of interest.
- Steering wheel controls, Bluetooth hands-free calling, which stresses communication identification, dialing by number or name, and passage to your phonebook.
BMW ASSIST SERVICE FAQS
Now, let’s move to some most frequestly asked question about the BMW Assist services
IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET BMW ASSIST SERVICES WITHOUT ENROLMENT?
No, it is not possible to get BMW Assist services without enrolment. The subscribers must enroll at the BMW center, otherwise, the subscriber will end up getting the service terminated around sixty days after his/her new vehicle is delivered.
DOES BMW ASSIST TRACK THE LOCATION OF MY VEHICLE?
The BMW Assist system does not track the location of your vehicle, however, it only transmits it: 1. After any severe impact happens, if a vehicle initiates any Automatic Collision Notification service. 2. When the “Concierge”, “Service Request” or “Customer Relations” menu button is pressed or when sensors of the vehicle feel some need for expected services and automatically the system sends service data to a BMW center on BMW Assist-equipped 2009 and later 24, 3, 2008 and later X6 and 1 Series, 2007 and later X5 and 3 Series, 2006 and later 7 Series and 3 Sports Wagon and Series Sedans, 2004 and later 6 and 5 Series. When you ask for service by pressing the “Wrench”, “SOS”, “Roadside Assistance”, or “Emergency” button.
IS THERE SOME KIND OF SERVICE LIMITS?
Yes. to make the system run accurately, GPS and other underlying wireless help must be functioning and available; the ignition of the vehicle has to be switched on (besides stolen vehicle recovery and door unlock), battery connected and charged, and the electrical system of vehicle operational; services may have some limitations to specific geographic regions. All these services are subjected to the terms and conditions of your subscriber contract.
DOES SOMEONE NEED BMW ASSIST IF HE/SHE ALREADY HAS A CELL PHONE?
A phone is included in BMW Assist System. An external antenna is attached to it which enables it to provide enhanced transmission and reception capability. BMW offers cellular service in the Canada and United States Of America to make communication possible between the BMW Vehicle and the BMW Assist Response Center. A press of a button can make your system transmit your location including other vehicle information; then you speak hands-free to the skilled specialist who will request the dispatching of the best possible services. The BMW Assist system is created efficiently to automatically initiate a call after some severe event happens.
HOW MUCH DOES BMW ASSIST COST?
Coming to our main question, how much does a BMW assist cost? It totally depends on the make, model, and year of your vehicle. BMW pays for the initial 12 months of BMW assist plan for the models of 2006 and earlier, however, the information of credit card is required. On every 2006 and later 7 series and every 2005 and later BMW Assis models manufactured 10/04 and later, BMW Compatible Bluetooth cellular phone can be selected to call hands-free, without any cables or cords arising in the way. The salesperson can advise available snap-in adapters and Bluetooth handsets that both recharge your phone t connect it with the external antenna of your BMW for enhanced reception.
For the 2007 and later models, BMW pays for 4 yeards, active from the in-service date of the vehicle. Once the BMW-paid term is completed, the yearly Safety Plan fee is $199 including applicable taxes. The service can be extended for your lease period or intended ownership during enrollment. You have to spend $199, plus applicable taxes, every year to get the optional convenience plan. The only possible way to get yourself enrolled in the optional Convenience Plan is to be a Safety Plan subscriber first.