Buying a new BMW will give you plenty of opportunities to customize it, thanks to the numerous options available to spruce up the car.
Personalizing a car is not just about changing up its paintwork or adding different wheel sizes and a new engine, especially when it comes to a BMW. There are numerous aftermarket accessories and parts that can do the job for you, but you may not be in a position to get a five-figure customized build – your aim may be to go for something affordable that still allows you to make the car unique.
Many of the accessories we will look into in this article are for functional purposes, although some upgrades are targeted towards making the car look beautiful.
- 1 Best accessories for BMWs – Comparison table
- 2 Reviews of the best accessories for BMWs
- 2.1 iJDMTOY M-Colored Grille Insert trims – Best BMW grille protection
- 2.2 Grolish car door LED projector welcome lights – Best light installations
- 2.3 Platinum Shield Weatherproof car cover – Best exterior protection
- 2.4 SWEKA M-Line Car Interior Anti-Slip cup mat for BMW – Best for holding your drinks
- 2.5 Signswise No Drill Anti-Slip Gas Brake Pedal Cover – Best pedal protection
- 2.6 BMW Genuine Factory OEM Sunshade – Best for dashboard protection
- 2.7 BMW 1 Series Coupe Genuine Factory OEM black carpet floor mats – Best for floor protection
- 2.8 BMW 82-12-1-467-187 tire gauge – Best for long-distance safety
- 3 Buying guide for getting car accessories
- 4 FAQs
- 5 Conclusion
Best accessories for BMWs – Comparison table
iJDMTOY M-Colored grille insert trims
Grolish Car Door LED Lighting projector lights
Platinum Shield Weatherproof BMW 5-Series car cover
SWEKA M-Line Interior Accessories Cup Holder
Signswise No Drill Anti-Slip Gas brake pedal cover
BMW Windshield UV Sunshade 82110399145
BMW 1 Series Coupe Genuine OEM 82110439368 floor mats
BMW 82121467187 electric pressure tire gauge
Reviews of the best accessories for BMWs
iJDMTOY M-Colored Grille Insert trims – Best BMW grille protection
- Compatible with BMW F30 3 Series with a Standard Center Grille only, avoid getting them for 8-Beam Black Grille
- Comprised of ABS plastic shell, installation is through their clip-ons
If you want an accessory to easily add the iconic colors of a BMW M, you can use these grille insert trims to do so – at an affordable cost. They come in several colors and represent the red, dark blue, and light blue shades that are typical of the BMW M logo, while fitting very well over the standard grille on most BMW models. Installation is very easy, as you will only need to clip them on your car.
You can get them for a variety of BMW models, which include the X6, X5, X3, X1, and various model series like the 3, 7, 5, 4, and 6 Series. The company does a good job explaining at length the best models you can use the grille clips on and those that do not, so make sure you check the description carefully to ensure it is compatible with your car.
- Easy to install
- Is compatible with numerous car models and applications
- Simple in build and durable
- Fitting issues
Grolish car door LED projector welcome lights – Best light installations
- Bright projection and high definition due to the use of a high-brightness LED chip with lower power consumption
- When opening the door, it illuminates the LOGO on the open door surface to give a light for easier exit and entry from the car
If you want to get a clever accessory that will not break the bank, the Grolish car door LED lights are easy complimentary additions to your BMW. They are very easy to install, and their unique feature is their inclusion of Cree LED chips that have a stated lifespan of more than 50,000 hours. When you open your car door, they will project a BMW logo on the floor, which gives you an easily stylish light that is quite helpful when you are exiting and entering your car.
It is easy to fit these LED lights in a variety of BMW cars, because they are constructed from ABS plastic. These can fit models such as the variants of Z4, X6, and X5, as well as specific generations of the 7, 6. 5, and 3 Series. The company offers you a chance to choose between two logo designs: the BMW M or the BMW Roundel logo.
- Beautiful design
- Its projections will give you courtesy lighting capabilities
- Easy to install
- Quite affordable
- Does not fit all BMW models
- May experience cases of premature failure
Platinum Shield Weatherproof car cover – Best exterior protection
- Comprised of thick, all-weather UV-Treated polyester material with polyurethane coating to shed water and reflect sunlight away
- Comes with reinforced seams to promote long-lasting durability, as well as rear hems and fully elastic front to fit snugly to your car
While it is good to avoid judging a book by its cover, you do not want to leave a poor impression on people when they see your BMW car from the outside and all they observe on it is water spots and rust, regardless of how much you spruce up the interior. Therefore, getting a high-quality car cover is important when protecting your car from the sun, rain, and other elements, with this shield presenting a great solution to consider.
The company behind this product offers it as a top-of-the-line choice due to two features: the addition of a UV-reflective polyurethane coating, and a high-quality construction. These two factors work together to protect your car from harmful pollutants, tree sap, rust, dirt, dust, and damage from water and the sun. Additionally, the reliance on synthetic fabric naturally prevents mildew and mold from forming, and it also has an underlining of soft fleece to protect the car from scratches.
The good news is the limited lifetime warranty that comes with the product, and it will easily fit your BMW model regardless of what specific make it is.
- Seams feature double stitching to promote extra leak protection
- Consists of durable, lightweight polyester fabric
- Promotes water resistance through its polyurethane coating
- Limited lifetime warranty included
- Quite pricey
SWEKA M-Line Car Interior Anti-Slip cup mat for BMW – Best for holding your drinks
- Suitable for X1, 4 Series, 3 Series, 2 Series, 1 Series; measures 66mm (2.6inches)
- Comprised of silicone, making it easy to clean
If you want a handy and stylish cup holder in your car for the days when you need to carry a cup with you or are passing through a drive through restaurant and need to place your cup next to you safely, you can get this as a worthwhile option for your BMW. You can also get them in three size variants: 3.2 inches, 2.9 inches, and 2.6 inches in diameter.
They are made from dustproof and waterproof materials, which allows you to maintain cleanliness in the cup grooves. This is due to their silicone composition, which makes them easy to clean, and regardless of size, they maintain a 6mm thickness.
Other than that, the company includes a rubberized sticky pad alongside the package, which you can use as a cellphone holder. You can stick it easily to your car’s dashboard without requiring a magnet or adhesive, and an anti-slip, multi-function mat lines its bottom to allow for easy cleaning with water.
- You can get it in a variety of colors and diameter sizes
- Good fitting
- Easy to clean and maintain
- High quality coaster
- There are some fitment issues, so you need to ensure it fits your specific model
Signswise No Drill Anti-Slip Gas Brake Pedal Cover – Best pedal protection
- Construction from heavy-duty stainless steel and non-slip studs on its pedal surface to prevent slip-offs
- Compatible with Z4, X5, X3 BMW models, as well as BMW 7, 5, 3, and 1 Series
Having good-quality covers for your BMW pedals is important, and these are a good place to start when choosing your pedal covers – in addition to their attractive appearance.
They will allow you to get a better driving experience overall, thanks to their non-slip design that promotes clearer driving feedback as well as improved responsiveness. Aside from their non-slip design they are comprised of heavy duty stainless steel to aid in durability, and you will not need to weld or drill them in during installation.
They will fit a variety of BMW models that include the Z4, X5, and X3, as well as several BMW series of cars. However, keep in mind that they use automatic transmissions only, due to their two-pedal cover design. Therefore, you cannot use them on M4 and M3 models, as well as SMG models.
- Good gripping quality
- Easy to install and use
- Long-lasting design
- Fitment issues are present, so you need to check if it fits your model
BMW Genuine Factory OEM Sunshade – Best for dashboard protection
- Protects the interior from harmful UV rays and other elements
- Foldable sunshade that fits a variety of models and includes a storage bag
If you happen to own a BMW 3 Series from 2006 to 2012, this OEM windshield is simple and good enough for your car. Its quality is unmistakable as well, and it uses the BMW logo proudly on its front. You can trust it to last a long time due to its durable composition, as well as the inclusion of a storage bag you can use when you want to fold it away.
For other BMW models outside its range, you can get a wide range of sunshades, so feel free to keep searching around if you own a different BMW model.
- Strong and durable build
- Easy to store
- Fits well in most cars
- Average performance when deflecting heat
BMW 1 Series Coupe Genuine Factory OEM black carpet floor mats – Best for floor protection
- Use of a unique Velcro retention system and precision cuts in design
- BMW Letters on the heel pads
If you are in need of replacing your car’s factory floor mats, or you may want to buy more stylish options, then this set of four mats will serve as a worthwhile alternative. You can get them in a variety of colors that complement your BMW’s interior, such as black and beige, and their design specifications range from all-season options to all-weather choices such as when you drive in areas that experience snow or rain.
Certain companies will also offer you M-Performance theme car floor mats that add a sporty feel to your car. Keep in mind that buying floor mats requires you to know whether they fit your specific car application and model.
- Go a long way to protecting your car’s interior
- Good variety to select from
- Different colors on offer
- You can choose between all-season and all-weather options
- They may not fit all BMW models
BMW 82-12-1-467-187 tire gauge – Best for long-distance safety
- Universal fit type and gives you quality effectiveness in your engine
- Direct fit due to genuine OEM design
To ensure your safe driving experience, it is essential to keep track of your tire pressure; this will also help improve your fuel economy. This makes it highly important to keep a good electric tire pressure gauge at all times, such as this product.
It is a genuine BMW OEM accessory, which allows it to directly fit in your car’s system, and its durability is assured through its high-impact, durable ABS composition. It also comes with a replaceable battery and can turn off and on automatically. Its front additionally features a display screen that is large and easy to read.
- Easy to read
- It lets out an audible beep when it completes reading your tire pressure
- Accurate readings
- Automatically turns off and on
- Its battery life is not as good as advertised
Buying guide for getting car accessories
Car accessories are any tools or additions that will improve the functionality and capabilities of your car, while allowing you to add a personalized touch to your car. As long as you select the right accessories, you can give your car desired looks, either through its exterior or interior appearance.
It is unavoidable to buy car accessories, so it is good to know what you need to consider when buying them – factors we will discuss below.
Appearance and your needs
When buying various car accessories, the style and appearance is highly important to consider. At the end of the day, accessories are personal and unique to you, so you want to choose those that fit your preferences in style and looks.
Choosing your auto parts will ultimately depend on your lifestyle, preferences, driving habits, and tastes, and there are numerous options to go for. To help you make a decision, you will also need to know why you want a certain accessory, and categorize them based on pros and cons, as well as urgency.
Safety is a priority as a driver, and car parts will usually fall in exotic items or safety. As a rule, always prioritize safety extras like airbags, alarm systems, first aid kits, and flashlights. If you see the safety of your car is up to par, you can then try the exotic options like hood shields and custom flares.
When you go out shopping for car accessories, it is easy to overspend because you do not feel the pinch of spending high amounts of money on them. However, the case is different when you are on a budget, which forces you to set priorities – namely, getting safety parts first, and decorative parts later. If you are looking to improve your car, avoid spending money on sub-standard cheap options.
Many car owners unfortunately neglect to consider space when choosing their car accessories, despite its importance. It is essential to pick accessories that have a perfect fit in your car – otherwise, they will fail to serve their purpose. Choosing ill-fitting accessories also makes your car look cheap and damaged.
Should I purchase OEM parts for my BMW?
OEM is an acronym for ‘Original Equipment Manufacturer’ parts, which means they are meant for unique truck or car models from the manufacturer. They will fit the exact requirements of your car, and include limited warranties as part of their package, so they are the best options to purchase if you want good-quality car parts.
Which auto parts can I expect to spend the most money on?
This will range on the part, as well as whether it is an OEM component or an aftermarket option. While you can spend an average between $150 and $500 on a basic auto part, most parts will only require an average budget. The most expensive parts tend to be brake lines, transmission, suspension, hybrid batteries, and cylinders.
Can I order auto parts at dealerships?
Yes, as dealerships are the best places to purchase auto parts as they will only sell OEM parts.
Purchasing car parts for your BMW does not need to be a complex process, as long as you keep certain factors in mind and know the improvements you want on your car.